Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Foundation festival part 2: Dermacol foundations

Let’s continue today with the brand that is not very well known outside of Slovakia or Czech Republic. It is really a pity because I think they have better make-up than some drugstore brands available everywhere. You can buy Dermacol either in the Dermacol shop or in DM drugstore in Slovakia and Czech Republic.

(Just a little bit of information about my skin: I have mostly dry skin with occasionally oily T-zone. Some acne here and there, acne scars, large pores and few wrinkles. Colour shade NW20 in MAC foundations.
What I expect from a foundation: medium coverage, good longevity (more than 7 hours), smoothing my skin texture (hiding pores and acne scars) as well as not accentuating dry patches.)


Dermacol foundations: Caviar long stay make-up & corrector and Matt control 18h foundation

CAVIAR LONG STAY MAKE-UP AND CORRECTOR 

Price: 10,99€ for 30 ml.

Scent: it has light floral scent.

Shades: only 4 shades to choose from, mine is in the colour 2 fair and it is darker than what I usually use, I can wear it only when I’m selftanned.

Texture and finish: it has ticker cream consistency. You get the best application either with fingers or sponge. The finish is semi-matt. It smoothes out the skin texture and makes the face look flawless. At the same time, it is very visible on the skin so I think it is better to be used for evening occasions. It reminds me little bit of Estee Lauder Double Wear. I think it is suitable for normal, slightly dry or slightly oily skin.

Coverage: medium, evens out the skin tone and covers quite a lot of imperfections.

Longevity: it last for about 10 hours, except the T-zone where you may need to touch up after 7 hours. It keeps the blush and highlighter very well on the skin, I noticed they started fade away only after 8-9 hours.

Corrector: it says on the website that you can use it under the eyes and on the skin imperfections. Well, the consistency of the corrector is dry cream which means that it will dry your under eye area like crazy. I don’t recommend applying it under eyes by no means. It is not the same colour as the foundation so if you have imperfection to cover use the corrector first and then carefully apply foundation over the it (that’s what Dermacol advices anyway).


Caviar long stay make-up & corrector by Dermacol

Caviar long stay make-up in colour 2 Fair (left) and corrector (right) by Dermacol

MATT CONTROL 18H WEAR

Price: around 11€ for 30 ml.

Scent: it has light floral scent mixed with makeup scent.

Shades: only 4 shades to choose from, mine is in the colour 2 fair and it is darker than what I usually use, I can wear it only when I’m selftanned, I think I will go for shade 1 next time, even though it has pink undertone.

Texture and finish: it has cream consistency, lighter than the Caviar foundation. It is easy to apply; you can use fingers, brush or sponge. The finish is matt (but not super matt). It smoothes out the skin texture and makes the face look flawless. It is less visible than Caviar foundation. I think it is suitable for normal, slightly dry or slightly oily skin.

Coverage: medium, evens out the skin tone and covers quite a lot of imperfections.

Longevity: it last about 10-12 hours. I use this foundation for long days or events such as weddings.

Matt control 18h foundation by Dermacol

Matt control 18h foundation in colour 2 Fair by Dermacol
Final verdict: both foundations are very nice. Matte control 18h is my Holy Grail foundation and I always have to have it in my collection (I currently used up the bottle and I’m missing it already!). I like it more than the Caviar foundation because it is less visible on the face and stays little bit longer. They are both staying in my collection. After the good experience with these two foundations I’m really curious to try other ones by Dermacol. Maybe next year.

Related articles:
Foundation festival part 1: Yves Rocher foundations
Foundation festival part 3: L’Oreal foundations
Foundation festival part 4: some average drugstore foundations
Foundation festival part 5: some better drugstore foundations (but not my favorites)
Foundation festival part 6: my favorite drugstore foundations